Saturday, January 30, 2010

The one when Ronald Reagan was shot and Amelia Earhart wasn't

Hello again. I am sorry because I told you that I was going to tell you a story everyday. Unfortunately, since last Tuesday, I was lost in the park, and had to sleep in a collapsed badger burrow where I did not get service for my Blueberry. But I am back now, so here is a good story.

In 1981 when I was 118 years old, I was waiting outside the Washington Hilton Hotel to see the President Ronald Reagan. I liked him very much in the movie Kings Row and thought I could get his autograph maybe.

He did other movies, but they were not very good.

But I was in this crowd and the President Ronald Reagan comes out and waves to the crowd, and then this man he steps forward and shoots at Mr. President Reagan with a gun. He hit some other people, but he did not kill the President Ronald Reagan, but oy, vey is mir, he startled me.

So this man who shot at the President Ronald Reagan was named John Hinkley Jr. Boy was this kid crazy. He said he did this thing to impress this girl Jodie Foster, a teenage prostitute who played herself in the movie Taxi Driver. She was not impressed. But later she became a successful actress who helped catch a cannibal in The Silence of the Lambs. I do not like cannibalism.

I tried it once on the island of Ua Huka in 1937, but it was not for me. Ms. Earhart was not so tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment